- If the weather is fine, go outside (down the ramp to the garden neat the secondary handball courts) and look at the dirt in the garden. Take your science book and a pencil.
- Look at the soil in the garden, what is it made up of? Write a list of all the small bits you can see in the soil.
- What is soil? Watch this
- Read this information
- Draw a soil profile in your science book. See below and here.
- After reading the information write a comment to this post to tell me something you have learnt about soil.
- Play this game to check you know your soil horizons (layers).
Your comment should look like a letter.
Remember only use first names.
Everyone must comment.
Read this to find out how to write a comment
Hi Mrs Ebbs
Then tell me about what you saw when looking in the garden.
Tell me what you learnt from the website about soil.
Tell me what you thought about today's lesson with a reason.
Make a comment about something else you know about soil or have seen or done. You may also ask a question.
Hi Mrs Ebbs,
Today we looked at soils in the garden. Soil is made up of .....
After reading about soil I learnt .....
I think ... or I did not know ... I enjoyed today because...
When I am grandma's her dirt is brown yet the dirt at my house is red.
I have always wondered why dirt is different colours.